Mar 1, 2023
Today we want to address something that we feel very strongly about and that’s the future of our profession.
It’s time to start worrying about where we’re headed. We’re in a position much like Blockbuster was in 15 years ago. The world changes very rapidly and technology allows us to change the way we consume information and how we interact. If a business doesn’t evolve with the times, then it risks no longer being useful to consumers.
The reason financial advisors might be in jeopardy is that we don’t offer anything that someone can’t get online. We came across a stat recently that said 20% of people use a financial advisor, which isn’t surprising because you don’t have to go through an advisor to build a financial plan like you had to decades ago.
So what does this mean for the future? We still believe strongly that there will be financial advisors 30 years from now and the ones that remain will be very successful. In order to survive, you have to counter automation by becoming a specialist. The best type of specialization is finding a sector in the marketplace to zero in on.
In this episode, we’ll give you some simple strategies to accomplish this along with telling you how we’re going to help three advisors become specialists this year.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss on this episode:
• Why I feel so strongly about dogs. (1:10)
• Why Dan is worried about the future of the profession. (4:57)
• What will it take to survive in the financial industry? (6:59)
• What do you need to learn about your specialty? (12:58)
• How do you position yourself to be the expert for that profession? (14:11)
• What to do if you’d like to be considered as one of three advisors we help accomplish this. (16:59)
Want to schedule a meeting with Dan? Click here: http://bookachatwithdan.com
Read more and get additional financial resources here: http://renegadeadvisor.net